Buy your contact lenses from a reputable supplier
You can buy coloured contact lenses from plenty of stores; tattoo parlours, costume shops, market stalls and beauty shops all sell them - especially around Halloween. However, buying from these places could put you at risk of getting a nasty eye infection. This is because these sellers are unlikely to ensure the lenses they sell are put through the necessary safety tests.
Many people have purchased contact lenses from such places and reported itching, discomfort, and the feeling of something being in their eye (ironically, there is something in your eye when you’re wearing contact lenses, but you shouldn’t feel it!).
With coloured contact lenses, you also want to make sure you are wearing the correct fit by getting a prescription before purchasing (even if you don’t require vision correction).
For these reasons, you should always buy your contact lenses from companies that are supervised by a registered optician.
Stick to well-known brands
Feel Good Contacts offer a wide range of coloured contact lenses; we have subtle colours for a natural look as well as bold colours for a more dramatic look or if you wish to enhance your Halloween costume. Our coloured contact lenses are available in both prescription and non-prescription, and thanks to our Price Match Guarantee, we can’t be beaten on price – so there’s pretty much no reason to shop elsewhere!
FreshLook, Air Optix, Expressions are all excellent and well-known brands of coloured contact lenses. If you’re on a tight budget, comfi offers high-quality yet affordable lenses in multi-colour and single-colour options. For something more subtle, FreshLook Illuminate will help to add definition and give the appearance of brighter, bigger eyes. These are brilliant if you wish to add more depth to your eyes instead of a complete colour change.
Popular Halloween Contact Lenses
Below are some of our favourite coloured contact lenses for your next fancy dress party.
1) FreshLook Colorblends offer a natural appearance due to their 3-in-1 colour blend technology. The Phemfilcon A material also provides all day comfort for wearers.
2) Air Optix Colors is another natural-looking lens. These lenses are made from silicone hydrogel for added comfort and longer wear, perfect for Halloween gigs.
3) For a more dramatic and vibrant eye colour change, try FreshLook Colors. These monthly lenses are available in 6 stunning colours and are perfect for a ghoulish costume.
4) comfi Colors offer a natural yet stylish colour change. These daily coloured lenses are also comfortable on the eye and help to protect your eyes against harmful UV rays.
Don’t buy cheap lenses to save money
Be wary of market stalls and shops that fail to prove that their lenses are approved by an optician. These establishments are unlikely to ensure their lenses meet the same safety standards as reputable retailers. Here at Feel Good Contacts, we offer competitive prices on all coloured contact lenses. If you happen to find a cheaper option at one of our competitors, we’ll match the price and refund you the difference. We also offer extra discounts, such as a first-time 16% discount for full-time university students.
Halloween contact lens: the dos and don’ts
- DO thoroughly wash and dry hands before inserting or removing your lenses. You’ll want to make sure your hands are completely clean, so we recommend drying with a microfibre cloth.
- DO remove your lenses before you remove any make-up
- DO ensure multi-use contact lenses are stored in a Clean lens case filled with fresh solution each time – NEVER top up old solution
- DO remove lenses if you experience any pain, redness, or discomfort during wear
- DO NOT reuse daily disposable contact lenses – these are designed to be thrown away after use
- DO NOT rub your eyes whilst wearing contact lenses
- DO NOT sleep in contact lenses, and only wear for recommended time
- DO NOT swim or shower with your contact lenses in
Practice good hygiene
When applying and removing your contact lenses, you should always do so with clean and dry hands. Before inserting or removing your lenses, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and dry them with a lint-free towel.
For more information on this, you can read our full guide on how to insert and remove your contact lenses.
Store your lenses properly
If you plan on wearing your Halloween contact lenses after Halloween or multiple times leading up to the day, make sure to store them properly in fresh contact lens solution and a clean contact lens case. Comfi All-in-One solution is high quality and good value for money; it’s a multi-purpose formula, so it will clean, rinse, wet, store and disinfect your contact lenses.
Additionally, you can store your lenses in our handy Feel Good Contact Lens Case. Remember to discard your contact lens solution bottle and case, ideally at least every month or as often as your optician recommends.
Find the perfect coloured contact lenses for you
Feel Good Contacts was founded by qualified optometrists who care about supplying high-quality contact lenses online at an affordable price. We have a broad range of prescription Halloween contacts, but if you want coloured lenses purely for cosmetic use, all lenses are also available in plano/non-prescription form. That means everyone can enjoy a new eye colour!
FreshLook Colorblends offer both natural and more striking colour options. Comfi Colors 1 Day is a thin lens with a high water content that provides all-day comfort. You’ll also have the benefit of throwing these away after one use, reducing the risk of infection and avoiding the hassle of a cleaning routine at the end of the day. Air Optix Colors have three different colours blended together to add even more depth to your eyes.
Whatever colour you choose, remember to look after your prescription contacts with our abovementioned tips.
Our optician, Tina Patel, says:
“Purchasing cheap contact lenses from your local beauty supplier or tattoo parlour can be tempting – especially if you’re rushing to piece together your Halloween costume. But remember, these establishments do not ensure the lenses they sell have gone through safety checks.
This leaves you vulnerable to eye infections, discomfort, and vision issues that can simply be avoided by purchasing your lenses from an optician-approved retailer like Feel Good Contacts.”