Eye drops offer fast, effective relief from dry, gritty, scratchy, red or irritated eyes and work to reintroduce moisture back into your eyes, helping them to naturally lubricate themselves.
Applying eye drops can seem a bit scary at first, but it’s actually quite simple once you get the hang of it. Whether it’s a bottle of eye drops or a single-use vial, follow our step-by-step guide on how to apply the drops correctly and safely.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before starting
- Tilt your head upwards, look up and gently pull your lower eyelid down using two fingers from your non-dominant hand
- Rest your dominant hand on your non-dominant hand, holding the eye drops bottle/vial level with the eye
- Keep the bottle a close but safe distance above your eye and gently squeeze the bottle to apply one drop
- Close your eye and then blink several times to allow the drop to settle
- Repeat these steps with the other eye
Can I apply eye drops when I have my contact lenses in?
Most eye drops are designed so that they can be used while you’re wearing your contact lenses. This makes things easier when you’re out for the day and your lenses/eyes start feeling dry or irritated.
However, it’s always best to check on the packaging of the eye drops. Alternatively, you can speak to one of our knowledgeable and helpful customer service team. If you have any questions or queries about which eye drops you need, don’t hesitate to call us on 0800 458 2090 or email us at email@example.com.
Our best-selling eye drops include Blink Contacts, Blink Refreshing and Systane Ultra, the perfect treatments for dry eye syndrome.
A guide to dry eye
Computer eye strain: symptoms and solutions
Dry eye treatments
A guide to red eyes